Monday, July 13, 2009

Garage Sales and Parfaits!

We spent this weekend in Victoria helping my mom put on a garage sale and pack up some of her house to put it on the market. We did lots of yard work, cleaning, running errands, and selling! It was a busy one and we're just excited that it went so well and we're looking forward to relaxing these next few nights together. Anyway, here's a quick and great breakfast we eat alot of around here!

I think it's clear one of my favorite places to eat is Chick-fil-a. Fancy schmancy I know, what can I say, I'm easy to please!

A while back we had coupons (see I'm a coupon girl!) for a free parfait from their breakfast menu. It was the first one I'd ever had and I was skeptical of how good it would be. Well...obviously it's Chick-fil-a so it was DELICIOUS! Lucky for me, it's also super easy to replicate and change up with different kinds of fruit, yogurt, or granola.

Ingredients:
  • Fresh cut strawberries
  • Lowfat vanilla yogurt (we use the Dannon stuff)
  • granola of your choice (we like the strawberry granola)

Directions:
Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of yogurt on bottom of glass. Layer granola of choice on top. Finish with strawberries. Enjoy!

This is a great snack but an even better breakfast. It takes no time to prepare and the end result is very tasty and pretty dang healthy for you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment