Monday, September 21, 2009

Flu Fever

So the flu panic has taken the nation, and rightly so I suppose. I started thinking of all the myths and opinions that are out there regarding catching/not catching the flu. Here's what we're doing at Casa de Estes:

1. Wash hands all the time. In public bathrooms, pre-dispense the paper towels before washing hands. Afterwards, use paper towel to turn off sink, open door, and turn out lights with. Then throw away paper towel.

2. Get sleep! We don't do too well (we meaning me) minus sleep. I try to get 8 hours a night. I know it's tough if you have kids or your spouse has a different schedule, but I know it helps keep me healthy. If I go more than one night without nearly 8 hours I feel really run down. Darn the internal clock luck!

3. Eat somewhat decent food! We cook almost every meal during the week. During the weekends we eat out probably twice (Friday and Saturday nights). We try to keep it healthy, or at least include a ton of veggies in the dish. If we eat too much fast food we get cranky (seeing a trend?)

4. Drink orange juice! I really don't know how effective this is for me because I only drink a small glass, but I do almost every morning with breakfast.

5. Get your flu shot! I'm alone on this one as Tony braves the season without one. I'll be poked tomorrow right after school...yay.

6. Clorox wipes for the classroom and Clorox spray for the house. On doorknobs, light switches, sinks, and toilets.

7. Hand sanitizer: before lunch and snack time (yes I teach Kindergarten).

8. Rule around me: if you sneeze or cough on your hand....you wash them IMMEDIATELY.

What about you? What's your method of staying flu free this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment