Thursday, September 17, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

Long time no post...go figure!

Here are a few things each day that make me smile and keep me sane:

1. The 'delay start' button on my washer. I love that on laundry day I can set my washer to start washing the first load while I'm finishing up at work so that I can come home and immediately put them in the dryer. It's like I'm cleaning house while I'm at work and that alone is why I will forever love GE.
2. My wonderful husband who while in College Station for work surprises me with two FABULOUS A&M shirts from the tent sale happening that day. Not to mention he got it spot on which type of 'colorful girly' shirts I'd love. He's a keeper.
3. Coupons from the wonderful coupon tree at HEB that I will use every week and that don't expire for a month. Watch me take a handful and smile!
4. Catch up phone calls from great friends I don't get to see everyday. I always seem to miss the first call but I feel so happy after I get off the phone with them.
5. Setting the dishwasher as I leave for work in the morning. See #1 as to why this makes me smile.
6. My amazingly high up and huge king sized bed. Getting into it is my favorite part of the day (Tony's too) because it's like a pile of cotton in the air (it's seriously high in the sky.)
7. Sweet notes from the hubs packed in my lunch that I sometimes just mistake as a napkin ;)
8. Savings accounts that grow. Amen.
9. Baby Schnauzers that cuddle up with me in the cotton ball bed late at night and the husband who has grown to be ok with letting that happen.
10. Little hugs from my Kinder kids throughout the day from those you least expect it from.
11. Overwhelming random feelings of contentment and happiness that just come up out of nowhere throughout the day.
12. The jazz stations on AT&T U-verse that I play as I cook dinner. Thank you for my sanity.
13. Guilty pleasure TV like 'Operation Repo,' 'Flipping Out,' and 'The Office.'
14. Delicious leftovers from a great dinner the night before.
15. Church early on Sunday mornings with a pastor who inspires us to think, thank, and grow.
16. Bluebell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
17. The Friday afternoon drive home
18. The feeling of knowing my career is making a difference in little one's lives.
19. Hot showers after a long day. I can feel the day just washing away.
20. Cool breezes and the changing of seasons. Such a wonderful relief to 100+ degree days!
21. Clorox wipes. The sole reason for my classroom not being a petri-dish. Thank you baby Jesus!

Thank God for the little things! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment