Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crock-Pot Brisket


I'm falling in love with my Crock Pot. It's spent too much time unused and I'm finding new ways to fix this. My mother used our Crock Pot at LEAST once a week while I was growing up. There is nothing like setting a whole meal up in a pot before you leave for work and opening the door when you come home to the most incredible smell. I know that if I plan on being a working mom one day, I will learn to love it as much as my mom did raising me. Seriously, if I can cook a meal while at work AND set my washer to start a load an hour before I come home I can do ANYTHING! :)

My mother in law makes her brisket this way when they don't smoke it outside on the grill. She brought this over for Christmas and it was delicious! This recipe is EASY! Seriously, here are the ingredients:
  • 1 brisket (your choice of cut and size)
  • 1 package of McCormick Grill Mates Seasoning in Mesquite flavor (or more if brisket is larger than 2 pounds)
  • water
  • oil as per package directions
Directions:
Place brisket in Crock Pot. In separate bowl, mix together seasoning packet as per directions. Each package is enough to work with 2 pounds of meat so you may need multiple packages. Pour marinade over brisket. Add about an inch of water to the Crock Pot and place lid on pot. Set to "low" and go to work doing what you do. I set it at 6:45 this morning and came in at 4 pm to a perfect brisket.
After removing from Crock Pot, shred as so:
We like to mix our favorite BBQ sauce with the shredded meat and heat up over stove. Then we serve on top of a baked potato or mashed potatoes. Delicious! The two pound brisket makes enough for about 5 meals if you pile the meat over potatoes.

If you make it, let me know what you think! We're trying a few more new recipes over the next week so I'll post those if they turn out to be keepers!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those your red fingernails in that picture? Just felt like commenting so you know that someone does actually ready your blog. -MR

The Estes Family said...

Thanks for showing my blog some love! My mom comments via email...she doesn't quite understand the comment function. I think it's funny you commented on a post specifically about meat.

P.B. said...

Crockpots are AWESOME! I am still in the process of learning to cook myself, but the crockpot has provided me with some mighty fine (and pretty fool proof) meals for this little novice so far. Your post has inspired me to do a post of my own on one of my favorite crock-pot meals... coming soon! Great to meet you, btw. I'm PB.

Post a Comment