Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!



Today is a special day in our family. Today is my grandma's 79th birthday! Spending time with her you wouldn't think of that number when you're around her. She's sassy, spunky, and always on the move. Today my mom surprised her with a birthday lunch Thanksgiving style.

My uncle and his family came from San Antonio to help us celebrate my grandma's birthday. She was so surprised because she kept wondering why her only son hadn't called to wish her a happy birthday! Little did she know they were on their way to celebrate WITH her!
This is the pretty table setting my mom had ready for the lunch.
This is the delicious food my mom made for the occasion. I now know why we only eat Thanksgiving style once a year. The food coma is a serious one!
These are the beautiful cupcakes my mom made for dessert! I wish I could say that I ate one, but someone over ate and couldn't eat another thing. Tony ate two for me though, so I'm taken care of!
The grandson-in law waiting patiently for the feast to begin!
The birthday girl and her puppy Precious.
Me & Tony with the birthday girl. I love that my mom and my grandma moved so close to us. We are so blessed to have them right down the street to share days like this with. I hope for many more celebrations to come together!
Somehow I didn't get a picture of my mom! She was buzzing around being the gracious host so I must have taken her picture with her camera instead of mine!

We finished up the lunch with a trip to the children's park around the block to throw the football and walk the dog. Tony and I then headed home so that I could sleep off the turkey. Tony read out in the sun while Einstein basked in the beautiful day! We finished off the day with a walk around the neighborhood and some Olympic watching.

I hope your weekend was wonderful and relaxing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment