Sunday, April 18, 2010

Help a Great Cause

A few weeks ago at church we noticed a little ad in the bulletin for the Williamson County Animal Shelter. The children's group at our church was raising money and supplies for them and of course I was very excited about this! As many of you may know, I'm a huge animal lover. Any sappy or sad commercial on TV and I'm in tears. We try to donate every chance we get to help the animals in need and this is something I hope we continue for the rest of our lives.

I went online to the Williamson County Animal Shelter's website and learned more about volunteering. This is something I hope to do in the summer. I feel like it's time to put my beliefs into action. Again, this is a small personal choice, but one that I feel is needed. I also saw that there is a place to make monetary donations online. I was so excited to see that it is that easy! They also have a list of items they are needing to keep the shelter running and the animals there taken care of. The items needed range from things as small as paper bags and tennis balls, to any metal animal crates you are no longer using and special beds you can help them purchase online. We have a large crate that is just sitting upstairs that I'm going to try and convince Tony we no longer need it for Einstein. At church we learned that they are also in need of small plastic kiddie pools to help the dogs stay cool this summer. Last Saturday we saw a sign at Petco saying they were almost out of a particular kind of dog food. So many ways we can help!

If you're an animal lover like we are I'm sure you can think of something you can give or do to help this cause. We pray that every animal in need of a loving home will find one. Einstein brings us so much joy and I hope that each of these animals will find homes that will provide the comfort, safety, well being and love that we strive to give Einstein.
If you want to donate you can go here.

If you read this, I hope you feel compelled to give however you can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment