Thursday, August 12, 2010

Delicious and Easy Cajun Oven Fries

These are absolutely one of my favorite sides. Sorry the picture has some corn in the picture, but that was another fabulous side I'll post later! We have these with ribs, hamburgers, steaks, you name it! Because I've found this fast recipe we no longer buy frozen fries. So good and they pack a little heat so try them! If you're not a fan of the heat, just skip the cayenne pepper. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients
  • 2-4 medium thin-skinned Russet potatoes
  • 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil (I just pour it from an oil thingy and guess)
  • 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce (I just sprinkle cayenne pepper powder)
  • 1 teaspoon paprika (again I just sprinkle)
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • salt and pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut potatoes into wedges. The easiest way to do this is to cut a potato in half length-wise and then cut each half into thirds. Place potato wedges on a large cookie sheet (with edges that lip up to keep liquid from draining into oven). Sprinkle all ingredients over the potatoes and then toss the potatoes to cover all sides. Cook in the oven turning them once after ten minutes.

These are my favorite! I hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment