Monday, May 9, 2011

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,


Thank you for...

  • Your wisdom, grace, and never give up attitude.


  • Never giving up on me, especially when I gave up on myself.


  • Our almost nightly chats over the phone in college.


  • Never letting me get a perm.


  • Teaching me to say yes ma'am and yes sir and please and thank you.


  • Finding the silver lining amidst the thunder clouds.


  • Praying for me to find Mr. Right. You and God did so well on that one!


  • Teaching and showing me how to pray and give thanks.


  • Teaching me how to cook and craft.


  • Holding my hand and saying "they're just jealous," when we both knew they weren't.


  • Telling me stories about the good old days and singing me songs while rocking me in your rocking chair.

  • Letting me learn to take care of a pet.


  • Teaching me the value of a dollar. Showing me how to make something out of nothing and teaching me the very important life long lesson that just because you have it, doesn't mean you should spend it.


  • Reading with me every night. No matter how tired you were you made time for me and I thank you for that.


  • Showing me that it is entirely possible to be a mother who works--and be damn good at both.


  • Working four jobs at a time to send me to private school because you knew that the school I would have gone to would have been sub par.

  • Loving Tony as your own and constantly telling me how happy you are that we're together.

  • Showing me by example that being a mom is the single most important thing I will ever do.

I could not ask for a better mom.


0 comments:

Post a Comment