Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Time=Chicken Salad!

Whether you like it in a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce, to me chicken salad is a summertime staple! A great friend of mine passed this recipe on to me and I love it! You can tweak it by adding pecans or grapes if you'd like.

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 chicken breasts either boiled or grilled (tastes great either way. I grilled mine with just some garlic salt)
  • 3 stalks of celery chopped very fine
  • 3 green onions chopped very fine
  • 3/4 cup of dried cranberries (Target sells them in a bag for pretty cheap)
  • 1 cup of Miracle Whip (I used light, I know some people can't stand MW so you could always use your favorite mayo)
  • 2 tbsps coleslaw dressing (Kraft sells one in a salad dressing bottle in the salad dressing aisle)
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt and pepper

Directions:
Grill or boil your chicken breasts and then chop finely. Add all ingredients together in bowl and mix to your liking. You can always add more mayo but you can't take any back so go easy at first until you get the consistency to your liking. This makes a good amount for a summer picnic or enough for a few sandwich leftovers.

If you make it, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment