Monday, August 18, 2014

Vacation, Party of Four!




We just came back from our first vacation as a family of four. To say I was nervous was an understatement. It would be the first time Easton would fly on a plane-we weren't buying a seat, so I was nervous about keeping him occupied in our laps. Would he sleep in the rental crib? Would either child like the beach? Would our rental car fit all of our things?! So worried. So I did what I do anytime I get worried, I made lists and read everything I could find on the blogs I follow and Pinterest about beach vacations and traveling with little ones. I also constantly reminded myself that going on a vacation and flying we're HUGE blessings that many families don't get to experience. Anytime I got overwhelmed or we had a hiccup in our plans I just thought of that and my stress and self-pity went away. And you know what? It was an amazing trip. Not the most relaxing for mommy and daddy, but so worth it to watch our family bond as a team of travelers, and to watch Emmy fall in love with the beach, and brave the ocean to snorkel. It was magical in the confidence it gave us as a family to just get out and make memories. And got that I'm so grateful.




0 comments:

Post a Comment