Monday, June 29, 2009

Fly Me To Cancun...


This past week we went to Cancun for a little vacation time. We had a really great time relaxing and spending time together. Tony has two weeks off so it's nice for him to have a vacation in a vacation. We packed our bags, sent Einstein to grandma's and were off to the beach!

We spent a lot of time laying out and taking afternoon siestas. :)


This is much nicer to wake up to than an alarm clock!

We brought our floaties and floated away behind where we are standing in this picture.


A shot of our hotel from the beach/pool area.


We went on a jungle tour where we got to ride our own speedboats through a jungle and out to the ocean to a snorkeling spot by one of the largest coral reefs. This was the only shot I was able to get because we were flying through the water and I was afraid I was going to lose my camera!


After a private tour ride with just us and a tour guide I slowly started to have second thoughts on snorkeling. We'd both been on snorkeling excursions before a few times but always with lots of other people. I didn't anticipate going as far out in the ocean as we did (it was an hour boat ride) so when we finally turned off the boats and got ready to dive in I had some second thoughts. There wasn't a single soul for miles and MILES around and the shore was teeny tiny. I said a bunch of "Tony we're going to die"'s. It didn't help that the night before they showed a shark attack on TV while we were getting ready for dinner. After a little coaxing and not wanting to be a wimp I jumped in. We saw lots of beautiful fish, a lobster, and came way too close to a baracuda who looked like he was wanting a closer look at the shiny parts of my swimsuit. Tony and the tour guide saw a stingray but I missed it because I had my eye on the baracuda. Oh well...my life was at risk! This picture was after I lost my cap, smushed my goggles on (you can still see the imprints) and 30 minutes of snorkeling. Overall we had a blast and I got to drive my own speedboat!


We ate dinner at a great Fogo de Chao-esque restaurant at our hotel. It was delicious!



We had this pretty view at dinner.



Tony and I really enjoyed the all you can eat part of the meal! :)


Afterwards we took a walk along the beach to watch the sunset. These are some of the sights.






We really enjoyed our trip. It's nice to get away for a little while and try new foods, places and take fun trips. We experienced riding on their public bus to places, checked out their markets and even made a trip to their Walmart, which although it was very similar they definitely do things differently there. You can buy a washer, fridge, or dryer there which was different for us to see. All in all we had fun exploring while we were gone.

We were excited to be there but we were happy to come home. First stop: Chick-fil-a! After being in a different country sometimes you just want your favorite things from home. We were happy to find that our grass had greened up while we were gone (no more patchy spots like in the picture above). It was nice just to walk into our house and be home! Next trip: somewhere cold! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, does that look wonderful. I'm officially green with envy!

Post a Comment