Sunday, June 21, 2009

Skillet Cookies

This weekend I had a craving for skillet cookies. Tony's mother shared these with me when Tony and I were dating and at first I wasn't sold. I still don't know how I like them because almost every ingredient in these I don't care for. They are very good, very bad for you, and therefore that makes them very good!


Ingredients:
1 stick of butter (or margarine)
1 pkg. of dates chopped
2 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup of sugar
1 or 2 handfuls of coconut

Directions:


Melt Butter in skillet.

Beat eggs and sugar together then add to melted butter.



Add dates then cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat.


Once consistency of picture shown is reached and you can divide mixture in half with spoon turn off heat and pour in vanilla. (It kind of looks like pecan pie filling at this point)



Combine cereal and coconut into bowl. Add date mixture and mix together.


Form into balls using ice cream scoop as mixture will be very hot.



Roll in pecans and place on wax paper to cool.

Enjoy!

P.S. Tony made me laugh so hard when his mom suggested he put on a full baker's outfit to make the cookies. Here he is:



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, we need pics with a chef's hat for EVERY recipe!

Post a Comment