Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Mom is Coming to Town!

So I've been quietly holding on to the idea of something for a few months. My mom works in educational consulting and her job requires her to travel to Austin quite a bit. This has been happening for years, even before we moved to the Austin area. Since we've been here, my mom has enjoyed stopping by during her visits to Austin to have dinner with us or to meet me for shopping.

As each trip ended, my mom found herself contemplating the idea of moving here. She of course wants to be closer to me, but she's also wanted a change in pace and scenery for a while now. While Victoria is a nice town, there's not much to see or do aside from the mall and a few other things.

My mom gave herself a two year timeline to try to find a new job and move here. She's able to retire at this point, but wants to stay busy for a while. So she put her resume in to a couple of great places and started getting interviews. We were so proud and hopeful and we continued to put her in our prayers. Her results were great, she had second interviews scheduled for two positions and they started calling her references on another. Then Tuesday she got a call from her first choice and they offered her the job!! She of course accepted and we are so happy for her!

I'm very excited about my mom moving closer to us! Not only will my mom be making the move, but my grandma as well since she lives with my mom. It will be so nice to have them close for shopping, lunches and dinners together, and just spending more time with them. Now we're on the prayer wagon again, but this time that her house sells quickly during this tough market. So please pray that everything goes well and timely so they can join us here quickly! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment