Sunday, July 5, 2009

Soapapilla Cheesecake...Last Recipe I Promise!

I hadn't realized how many new recipes I've tried in the past week until I went to post them on here. That's what I love about summer vacation, the time and energy to try out new recipes hoping to find great staples to add to our weekly rotation. This most definitely is one of those recipes!

A mom at our school brought this dessert to our team one day at lunch. It was DELICIOUS! Such a great take on classic cheesecake! I ate it and had it one other time at school, but never asked for the recipe. Last month I was surfing the food blogs and came across this one. I'm pretty sure it's the exact same recipe but I think the mom at school must have added red food coloring to the cream cheese mixture because that one was pink and this one is not. Oh well...it's still fabulous!

I originally got this recipe from My Sisters' Cucina and their picture is MUCH more appetizing than mine.

Soapapilla Cheesecake

Ingredients:
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2-8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick butter (1/2 cup real butter, not margarine) <--I however, used margarine so HA!

Directions:
Spray a 9X13 casserole pan with cooking spray. Unroll and press 1 can crescent rolls into bottom of pan, pressing the seams together.

In a separate bowl, blend the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Spread over top of dough. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture pressing seams together again. Melt butter and pour over top layer of crescents. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture generously over top. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and bottom crust is slightly brown. Cool in fridge, slice, and enjoy!

Verdict: The tough one in our family in regards to recipes is Tony. He doesn't always like a change in the classics, but he's always willing to try something new. His reaction? I had to move the pan away from him! He LOVED it! Each time we ate it, he demanded he cut his own piece so he could make sure his slice was HUGE! It is delicious, creamy, and a great variation to the classic. I would take this dessert to a potluck or make it whenever we're having Mexican food that night. Let me know how you like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment