Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weather or Not!

Last week the weather man said there was a good chance for rain in our area. We were hopeful and watched the radar a lot, but when we saw storm clouds we thought for sure it was coming our way (yay for some relief to our water bill for the yard!).
Einstein and I went outside on one of the especially cloudy days to wait for the rain. I brought the camera hoping to catch a few rain drops as proof, but Einstein and I were disappointed. Here is what Einstein did while we waited for the rain.


After an hour of watching the lightening, hearing the thunder, and seeing storm clouds...nothing happened! Apparently the rain was everywhere but at our house. Bummed or not, we still had a great breeze and pretty setting for dinner outside that night. We love good ol' spaghetti!
Yes, I realize most of my pasta pictures have the same salad and bread next to them, but when you find what works for my meat and potatoes husband you stick with it. Considering when I met him he WOULD NOT eat salad, I'd say having a salad every night is a tiny improvement! ;)

In other news, there was a death to report in the Estes family. My beloved CHI is deceased (or 'decreased' as Vanessa Huxtable likes to say on the Cosby show). After over five faithful years trying to tame my horribly wavy/curly hair it passed on Tuesday afternoon. I was attempting to plug it in and make myself look decent after a long day of working out/hanging out/cleaning before Tony came home. When it didn't start I gasped...mostly because I knew how expensive these little guys can be and I dreaded telling Tony some of his money has parted ways with him as well. Ha, we tried and tried to bring that CHI back from death, but it wasn't having it.
So began the search for a new CHI. I knew I had paid about $100 for it back in college, but I had no idea what they went for now. After searching online, they ranged from $100-$160. I was NOT about to pay that and Tony was set on me finding the best deal. Lo and behold good ol' Amazon.com came through for us with a STEAL! I was worried it wouldn't come in in time for our big weekend of showers, trips, and get togethers, but after clicking "two-day shipping" it still was huge discount and it came to our door Friday afternoon. Some may not call this a crisis, but if you know my hair or have hair like it, it's MOST DEFINITELY a crisis!
Other than that, we've been staying pretty busy. I got to watch Tony float the river for the first time yesterday! He looked like a pro! The river was packed with 1000's of people (this is not a picture of our day, just a usual day) because the Guadalupe was closed for floating due to water levels. It was fun and good to catch up with Tony's old elementary friends.
We finished off the night with our neighbors' couples baby shower. All in all we're nicely tanned and ready for a relaxing next weekend. Tonight is all about grilling and a trip to the dog park.

Happy Sunday! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment