Sunday, August 30, 2009

Classroom Setup

Another school year has started! I'd like to say 'new pencils, new markers, new crayons, new boxes' but unfortunately we're still waiting on the kids' school supplies to show up. Something to do with the company the kids ordered their supplies from has kept them up in some far away state. They were supposed to be here this Thursday but it came and went with no supplies. I thought it would be harder to start school without them, but lucky for us we all had lots of extra supplies left over from last year. It will be nice to give the kids their own box to keep their supplies in though, because as of now their just keeping their boxes of markers, crayons and glue sticks loose in their cubbies. Eek for the somewhat tame neat freak in me!

Anyway, here are some before shots of the room setup. I haven't been to great at capturing before and afters. Einstein was present for the one night long haul where we got all the walls covered. Thank the Lord for Tony because he spent many hours helping me hang up paper, border, and evenly spaced out the word wall letters. I'm a lucky, lucky girl!




This year's fire code didn't allow us to overly decorate our rooms. We had to take down all fabric we used last year to cover up bulletin boards, tear down old work gallery's that were hung with paper, and just de-clutter so in case a fire happens....I guess it'll burn slower?

Anyway, here are a few views of the room. They seem so dull, but I keep telling myself it's because the kids haven't started learning stations so pocket charts are empty, sound cards aren't turned over (those white cards hanging from the teal blue wall) because they haven't learned those sounds yet, and so on. On to the pictures...










I really like this new layout. Last year my class was flipped the exact opposite way it is now. A somewhat decent teacher showed me this way to set up my room. KIDDING MARY RUTH! :)

All kidding aside it appears my class is going to be a great one! We had a great first four days and we quickly caught on to many of our classroom procedures. Here's to another great week tomorrow!

In other news, our friends and neighbors had their little girl last night! Katy sent us a text on the way to the hospital yesterday morning and when we went to visit last night at 8 still no Chloe. We came back after church this morning and we got to meet the beautiful little one and see the proud parents. She is beautiful and was nice to let me hold her and not start screaming as soon as she was put in my arms. We're excited for them and we know they're going to be amazing parents!

Other than that we're just hanging out. I'm trying out a new recipe tonight so if it's decent it will make its way on here soon. Happy Sunday everyone!

2 comments:

Laura said...

The classroom looks great and does remind me a lot of that other teacher's room :-) Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! That Mary Ruth is a genius! And nice, and funny, and athletic, and pretty, and not the least bit competitive during a friendly game of Taboo. Just saying...

Post a Comment