Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School's in and Dinner's Quick!

Hey All!

Long time no write...boo. With getting prepared for a new set of munchkins and helping my mom search for a new home here things have been CRAZY! I did however find a really good marinade for kebobs (however you spell that!). This is such a quick marinade to make and it's perfect to mix together and let the meat marinate over night or during your work day. I got the recipe from here and I've made them a few times already in the past month. Let me know if you try it!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
3 heaping tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:
Mix all together with a whisk, and pour over beef or chicken. Let marinate overnight or at least two or three hours. Grill steaks or chicken or to use for stir fry, just thicken it a bit with cornstarch and cold water mixture. Enjoy!

While we were out grilling I thought I'd update on the new neighbors. Construction is flying!



You can see how much it's changed since the last set of pics. You can see our house a little in the back of the second and third pics.

Other than that, the first day of school is OVER and I'm still here...barely. It will be an early night tonight for sure!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you posted a blog after the 1st day of school! I usually just lay on the couch and stare into space. Very impressive.

-MR

Post a Comment