Sunday, November 29, 2009

Prep Work for Cold Days and Nights

So firewood at the stores is expensive. We saw a small bundle at HEB of about 6 small logs for $3.99. Wow! Thank goodness Tony's parents have land and have been chopping wood for us to have this winter.

When we went to have Thanksgiving with them Tony loaded up his truck and we brought it home yesterday. Today was the day to unload and we made a pretty good team.

Here it is in the truck.
Tony would bring it in the wheelbarrow like so:

Action shot so of course I like them blurry...

Then he'd dump them here:
My job was to stack them up away from the wood on our home so that hopefully if there are any termite buggies they won't find a new home in our home.
I think I did a pretty good job of stacking. I made it all the way to the last load before some tumbled but it was a quick fix. As soon as we finished it started to pour. The first cold front is supposed to come in tonight and from the sound of the pouring rain outside I think it's here. The good thing about a fireplace is it helps save you money on those cold winter days versus cranking up the heater. So you know we'll be having some fires going in this casa.

I really can't stay.....but baby it's cold outside....I got to go away....but baby it's cold outside... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment