Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Reason They Call It Black Friday



Blurry, just like my eyes at this time.

You may have heard that Tony and I really, really wanted a new flat screen for our bedroom. We saved for it and agreed this would be our Christmas gift to each other this year. Ever since we got the Black Beauty in the living room my heart skips a beat when I pass its brothers and sisters at Best Buy or Sears. I'm in love with flat screens and I don't care who knows it!

So we decided this was the year we were going to fight the crowds and the darkness of morning to get the best deal for the TV we wanted. Of course there was lots of research online, price comparisons at stores the weeks before the actual sale, and all the other stuff that goes into making a large purchase in the Estes household.

So we set our alarm to 2:50 and I cried tears of exhaustion when it went off. We stumbled out of bed and into warm sweats and got in the car to head to Best Buy for its 5 am opening. As we were driving to the store we laughed at two scenarios: 1. no one being there at 3 am and 2. everyone in the city of Pflugerville there and waiting. What we saw was a happy medium.
Me thinking ok, a few people in front, not so bad...
This was the side of Best Buy when we showed up at 3am. Clearly some had been there overnight to get the first few spots.

At first it wasn't so cold. But the longer we waited (2 whole hours standing in line!) the chillier it got. I said a bunch of prayers for the homeless people out there because by the end of it I had lost feeling in my left pointer finger and I realized that even though it wasn't very cold the longer you're out there the more of a chill you get.
By 4:45 this was the line behind us. CRAZY!

As the doors opened we ran straight to our baby. We were able to get about a 40% discount off of the original price and that made us very happy!

Here she is about 5 minutes after being plugged in. She's a beauty! Also, here's a picture of Einstein bundled up in Tony's lap as he wraps a few Christmas presents.

Oh and one of Dwight on our new TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment