Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Time in the City...

Or the suburbs...

So yes, I'm aware that we've become one of those couples that crosses the line of decorating before the official time. We couldn't stand it though! Our friends Katy and Grant live behind us and last week we peeked out our back window and saw they had their Christmas tree up. Of course it got us in the spirit. So on Sunday after a lazy nap, Tony and I went up to the attic and brought out all the Christmas stuff we own.

Banister before...
Garland before...
Banister and garland after. This was an afternoon shot but it looks absolutely gorgeous at night! We're still not done putting the finishing touches on the garland because we want to put some red bows on it but this is a good start.

Living room window before...

With tree and lights...
Finished minus a star on top and a tree skirt.
Side view...
My view from the couch after a long day of work.
Tony's view from his side of the couch. Yes, Einstein has had a haircut since this picture. Poor guy could barely see under his eyebrows.
Of course you can see I'm also checking out new recipes while this picture was being taken. I'm hoping to try out a few new ones in the next few weeks so I'll post what I find. We also put up another larger tree in the office but I didn't get pictures of that one yet because it's really in the beginning stages of being finished. When we're finished with all the decorations I take some new pictures, but for now hopefully this is enough to get you in the holiday spirit! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

p.s. no clue why it decided to underline half of what I typed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment