Thursday, June 2, 2011

In 5 Months I've Learned...

that sleeping until 5 am is sleeping through the night!
that teething is no fun
that wearing your baby makes everyone happy and is a heck of a workout
that solids make morning feedings much longer, but much more entertaining
that having a baby changes your priorities and outlook on every aspect of life and I like it
that everything becomes global when you have a little one
that you should nap during at least one of your baby's naps during the day in order to keep your super powers
that deswaddling is possible
that the transition to the crib and deswaddling isn't so bad (for us)
that I'm not the cry it out parent I thought I would be (yet at least) and I'm ok with it
that my husband is the best father and cheerleader
that baby squeals are the BEST
that we will do ANYTHING over and over again for those baby squeals
that two dogs playing is the best entertainment for a baby
that I am so grateful for family nearby
that stroller rides are entertainment for everyone-dog included
that I am completely ok with running errands with spit up on my shirt
that life when she gets moving will never be the same
that reflux really does get better the closer you get to six months
that bed time routines are ingrained in a baby and you do not deviate from them
that a sleeping baby in your arms will lead to a thousand thank you's to God and kisses on the forehead
that I miss the newborn days (minus the reflux)
that date night is necessary-even if it's date day or date afternoon or date hour
that I understand why people have more than one child
that this stage is so cool

0 comments:

Post a Comment