Friday, August 7, 2009

I Love My Dog



I do. I really, really do. My dog is smart, he's funny, and he has attitude. Some might say he's alot like me. Ha! I would have to agree. Einstein is the coolest dog I know. He is curious as hell, needs lots of exercise, LOVES food, and gets sassy if I give him attitude.

I don't understand people who don't love dogs. If I find out a person doesn't like dogs I almost feel bad for them. Seriously, that is the most unconditional love a person can find. Think about it: they always want to be around you, will protect you FIERCELY (at least mine does), come cuddle with you when you have a rough day, lick your dirty feet, get really excited when you come home, hang out with you when you're sick, make you laugh, want to make you happy and just plain love you. All this without ever saying a word to you (that you can really understand). I have grown up with dogs my whole life. I had lots here and there when I was little and one GREAT one for 15 years growing up. Tony is one of the biggest animal lovers I know and while he wasn't always an inside dog lover, I can now attest to his love and understanding of having an inside dog.

I can't wait for our kids to grow up around dogs. They're going to have their work cut out with Einstein because he doesn't take crap from anyone (except Tony). He's the gaurd dog of the house and no one gets through without hearing it from him or his approval. We laugh when we think about all the trouble he's going to get into (and get our kids into) once we have a family. We can just see it now: kids screaming upstairs, running...Einstein barking...then silence. When we quietly walk upstairs what will we find: a disaster with our wonderful kids and dog in the middle while they're feeding him some mystery snack they've sneaked into their rooms.

It's going to be a chaotic blast.

I love my sugar bear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment