Tuesday, February 2, 2010

100th Day Eve & Sugar and Soy Glazed Salmon!

So it is the eve of the 100th day of school. Now if you're in any other grade aside from Kindergarten this is probably no big deal. However, in Kindergarten: this is HUGE! This is the day kids sadly mistake for the last day of school (oh man do I WISH!). This is the day of the world's most awesome number (in the eyes of Kinder kids). This is also the day they wear shirts decorated with 100 things, parade around the entire school in a long line, go to 9 different classrooms to do activities that vary from making necklaces with 100 fruit loops, eating a trail mix with 100 things, and finding 100 ping pong balls. It is a big day!
These teachers have on glasses our kids will be sporting tomorrow!

Between making my shirt (since last year's was so bad that I will not wear it again) and getting everything ready for my little ones I needed a fast dinner. I came across this one last week while meal planning for this week and to my excitement it was a healthy one too! I left my camera at home, so there's no picture of this meal, but man it was delish! I made the marinade the night before and stored it in the fridge in the gallon size bag I was planning on putting the meat in. I do not like mornings so making the marinade before bed worked for me and took 2 minutes. I substituted chicken broth for the vegetable broth because it was all I had. This morning before I left for work I tossed in the salmon into the bag and closed the fridge door and walked away. I love the feeling that I'm working on dinner while I'm at work (loser I know!).
I served it up with corn, some Zatarain's yellow rice (omg is that stuff good!), and a salad. Like I said, it was great! We will definitely be having this again...and soon!

Ok, that is all for now. Let me know if you try the salmon marinade! Hopefully I'll post pictures of the 100th day fun soon! Happy Tuesday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment